Gracie Jiu-Jitsu is a martial arts system based on maximizing timing, technique, and leverage to overcome an opponent.
Our students can expect to learn battle tested martial arts techniques taught by veteran black belt instructors who have received thousands of hours of instruction. Students can also expect to learn directly from multiple experts including Relson Gracie during special seminars!
ABOUT Gracie/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Classes
Fundamentals Classes for Adults
Focus is fundamental takedowns, positions, sweeps, and submissions that can be applied to real self-defense situations. Fighting is always a last resort, but when faced with an unavoidable conflict against an untrained opponent, we want our students to know how to handle themselves with the most effective and proven martial arts system, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Each Fundamental class for Adults will include:
All Levels or Advanced class for Adults:
Each class will include:
14 Week Gracie/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Curriculum:
· Week 1 – Open Guard Passing – fundamental, knee cut, underhook backstep, crescent steps, etc
· Week 2 – Closed Guard passing – opening the guard, standing passing/defense, counters
· Week 3 – Guard Retention and Sweeps Bottom – seated and supine guard fundamentals
· Week 4 – Closed Guard sweeps and attacks – armbars, scissor sweep, hip bump, trap triangle attacks
· Week 5 – Half Guard Bottom – Pulling half guard and underhooks, knee levers
· Week 6 – Half Guard Top – Passing half guard from knee shields, crossface/under hooks
· Week 7 – Side Control Bottom – Elbow and underhook escapes to half guard
· Week 8 – Side Control Top – Positional control, arm attacks, triangles, move to the mount, knee on belly, kesa gatame
· Week 9 – Mount Bottom – elbow escape, power shrimp escape, modified mount rollout
· Week 10 – Mount Top – technical mount, underhook controls and submissions - arm locks, armbars and back attacks
· Week 11 – Back Mount Defense – overhook and underhook escapes
· Week 12 – Back Mount Attacks – strangles, armbars, triangles
· Week 13 – Leglock Entanglements from all positions
· Week 14 – Leglock Defenses